Eschatos (エスカトス Esukatosu) is a vertical scrolling shooter developed by Qute Corporation and released on the XBOX 360 in 2011. The Windows port was released by Degica in 2015.
It was later released on 2022 for the Nintendo Switch and the PlayStation 4 and 5 consoles.
The game is set in the year 21XX, in which an alien force called Purple Erosion has taken over the Earth's Moon, and using it as their base of operations as they orchestrate their plans to take over Earth next. The player is sent on the FV-30MZ Arcam to eliminate the alien threat.
Eschatos was released on the XBOX 360 and PC with different editions.
- Ginga Force / Eschatos Wonder Pack: A bundle where the game was an extra included with Ginga Force.
- A standard release for the console, but including Judgement Silversword and Cardinal Sins as "WonderWitch Classics".
- Eschatos Wonder Pack: A PC exclusive bundle with Judgement Silversword and Eschatos soundtrack.
On January 6th 2022, Qute released Eschatos on the Nintendo Switch for the japanese Nintendo eShop, while the international release was on January 13th. On April 7th, the game was released on the PlayStation 4 & 5, on the wake of Eschatos' 11th anniversary. Both Switch and PlayStation versions are based on the XBOX360's "Standard" released which included both Judgement Silversword and Cardinal Sins.
Emulation in Xenia
In May 30, 2018, the XBOX360 emulator Xenia was able to emulate Eschatos and Ginga Force. According to user Sakimotor, Eschatos suffers of emulation issues.
- Main menu loads fine but ingame nothing for Eschatos, besides the background is being shown. Inputs seem to be counted though (there is a noise when the player clicks the start button)
- WonderWitch Classics work fine, although the first time, the emulator freezes.
In July 8, 2019, user Etokapa reported fixes on the gameplay since he was able to play through 13 areas in both Eschatos and the WonderWitch Classics, however, the music can get stuck sometimes.
- Ginga Force features two weapons based on the Arcam, the "Eschatos Main Weapon" and "Eschatos Sub Shot" and an unlockable color to make the Enforcer slightly look like the Arcam.
- Rising Star Games' localization of Ginga Force wrongly calls the Arcam as "Arkham".